Environmental Monitoring - Air Quality Scientist
Sonitus Systems manufacture remote environmental monitoring systems. Our automated measurement systems are used to remotely monitor sound levels in a variety of industrial applications. We deliver simplicity and reliability to a highly technical industry. Our instrumentation is supported by a market leading cloud-based software platform. Our equipment is designed and manufactured in Ireland and sold all over the world.
We are a small, hard-working team who have won multiple awards for our work, in both the Dublin City Enterprise Awards and Ireland's Best Young Entrepreneur. We are growing fast in both domestic and international markets and now it is time to expand the team.
We are looking for a capable and organised individual to help with launching new products to market in the coming year.
We work hard as it takes to make sure that our customers love dealing with us and keep coming back. Any new hire needs to be willing to work with that same attitude.
This new role will initially be focused on large scale field trials and testing for new product development. In addition to supporting field testing, the candidate will be responsible for data analysis and performance evaluation from a significant number of air quality sensors.
This is an opportunity to join a growing company at an exciting time and to play a key part in launching new products to the international market.
There will scope for this person to develop a new area of expertise in the company and to act as a key member of the team in the area of air quality monitoring.
- Analyse performance and measurement data from remote environmental monitors and present results clearly and concisely to the technical team
- Support field trials and deployments of air quality monitoring systems
- Assist with the specification, build and commissioning of new test facilities
- Help with the design of test procedures for air quality monitoring equipment
- Follow detailed written process checklists to validate and test functionality
- Maintain all documentation and spreadsheets related to equipment control and testing
- Visit customer sites to support field measurement installations
- Support the launch of new products to market
- Comfortable with measurement instrumentation and field equipment
- Experience with calibration procedures and laboratory testing
- Experience in creating well-structured reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Qualification - Honours level degree or higher
- Enthusiastic individual with hard work ethic and a good team player
- Good knowledge of current Air Quality directives
- Experience with data analysis software e.g. Python, Matlab, R, Excel
- Experience in experiment design or testing
- Interest in IoT, remote measurement or environmental monitoring an advantage
- Full clean driving license
Salary is negotiable based on experience